Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Clarke <rf...@hotmail.com> on 2006/04/20 00:15:57 UTC

Hi All,

Can someone tell me if this header should fail any rules in an off-the-shelf
installation of  SA 3.1.1?  I'm using sendmail as the MTA.

externalhost.validdomain.com (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id k3IKx58A030016
for <va...@validdomain2.com>; Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:59:05 -0500

If I send it from another host (and email client) in my internal network, it
gets the header:

externalhost.validdomain.com (8.12.8/8.12.8) with ESMTP id k3JENa8A032631;
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:59:35 -0500

My study of the rules in 20_head_tests.cf and understanding of Perl tell me
that it should be OK because the DOUBLE_IP_SPAM* tests are looking for an IP
address in the 'from' and 'by' fields.

I can't test this directly because I don't have my own server with Spam
Assassin installed on it.

Thanks for any help.