Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jeb <je...@penske.com> on 2006/05/09 16:04:03 UTC

merge fails - svn: URL xxx/xxx doesn't match existing url xxx/yyy

I did the following from the command line
svn co http://.....branches/offshore/JavaSource  c:\proj\da\JavaSource
cd c:\proj\da\JavaSource
svn sw http://....branches/dev_gh/JavaSource
svn merge http://....branches/dev_gh/JavaSource
http://....branchaes/offshore/JavaSource

Then I get the following

D    com_penske_delegatedadmin_actions.dnx
A    com_penske_delegatedadmin_actions.dnx
D    conf\delegatedadmin.properties
D    conf\ApplicationResources.properties
D    conf\deladminlinks.properties
D    conf\log4j.properties
D    conf

Stopped with error

svn: URL
'http://svn.penske.com/svn/webprojects/admin/delegatedadmin/branches/of
fshore/delegatedadmin/JavaSource/conf' doesn't match existing URL
'http://svn.pe
nske.com/svn/webprojects/admin/delegatedadmin/branches/dev_gh/delegatedadmin/Jav
aSource/conf' in 'conf'

echo %errorlevel%
errorlevel 9009

Files should not be deleted, the exist in both branches.

thanks for any help you can provide

jeb.beasley@penske.com

Re: merge fails - svn: URL xxx/xxx doesn't match existing url xxx/yyy

Posted by Jeb <je...@penske.com>.
Excellent - Yes, I would say that the two branches do not share ancestry
in the eyes of Subversion.  The copies diverged long ago between local
and offshore developers.  Local developers created one branch.  Offshore
developers created the other. In the past, code was synchronised from
CVS used by offshore into a local source safe repository manually for
deployment, now both sets of code are in Subversion.

Using the --ignore-ancestry flag did the trick.  I will try to see if
that helps the other scenario where we get the "Obstructed Update" "Revison
320 doesn't match existing revision 319"

Jeb Beasley

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.