Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Robert Sokolosky <cr...@outlook.com> on 2016/05/06 12:09:16 UTC

spell check

Hello
I am using Open Office writer and the spell check has ceased functioning… I have tried several way to operate but I am not sufficiently versed in computers… can you help…

RFS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: spell check

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 6 May 2016 08:09:16 -0400
Robert Sokolosky <cr...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hello
> I am using Open Office writer and the spell check has ceased functioning\u2026 I have tried several way to operate but I am not sufficiently versed in computers\u2026 can you help\u2026
>
> RFS
>
> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Delete or rename your OpenOffice user profile. As you are using Windows do this by:

Close OpenOffice and the Quickstarter. Open File Explorer. Copy and paste %appdata%\OpenOffice\4 in the File Explorer Address Bar and press Enter. Delete or Rename the "user" folder. Start OpenOffice.

This cures most spellcheck problems.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>