Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Shane Owenby <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 1998/09/18 20:37:54 UTC

Re: configure, auth_db, and Solaris 2.6 (RE: WAKEUP PLEASE:

I am able to reproduce your error if I do
./configure --enable-shared=remain --prefix=/tmp/test2
but NOT if I do
./configure --enable-shared=max --prefix=/tmp/test3

The later is what I did with my tests.

>From reading INSTALL in apache-1.3
they should act the same in this circumstance?
Ralf care to clarify because I seem to be wrong
due to the differences above.

Thanks

Shane Owenby                     shaneo@us.ibm.com

Please respond to new-httpd@apache.org
To: new-httpd@apache.org
cc:
Subject: configure, auth_db, and Solaris 2.6 (RE: WAKEUP PLEASE: Tomo

My run of configure fails on Solaris 2.6 w/gcc 2.8.1 (actually, gcc 2.7.2.3,
gcc 2.8.1, and WorkShop cc 4.2). It succeeds if I add
"--disable_module=auth_db". Output from configure appended below.

Charles

% ./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache --enable-shared=remain --verbose
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.2-dev
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 + Rule SHARED_CORE=default
 + Rule SHARED_CHAIN=default
 + Rule SOCKS4=no
 + Rule SOCKS5=no
 + Rule IRIXNIS=no
 + Rule IRIXN32=yes
 + Rule PARANOID=no
 + Rule WANTHSREGEX=default
 + Module mmap_static: yes [shared]
 + Module env: yes [static]
 + Module log_config: yes [static]
 + Module log_agent: yes [shared]
 + Module log_referer: yes [shared]
 + Module mime_magic: yes [shared]
 + Module mime: yes [static]
 + Module negotiation: yes [static]
 + Module status: yes [static]
 + Module info: yes [shared]
 + Module include: yes [static]
 + Module autoindex: yes [static]
 + Module dir: yes [static]
 + Module cgi: yes [static]
 + Module asis: yes [static]
 + Module imap: yes [static]
 + Module actions: yes [static]
 + Module speling: yes [shared]
 + Module userdir: yes [static]
 + Module proxy: yes [shared]
 + Module alias: yes [static]
 + Module rewrite: yes [shared]
 + Module access: yes [static]
 + Module auth: yes [static]
 + Module auth_anon: yes [shared]
 + Module auth_dbm: yes [shared]
 + Module auth_db: yes [shared]
 + Module digest: yes [shared]
 + Module cern_meta: yes [shared]
 + Module expires: yes [shared]
 + Module headers: yes [shared]
 + Module usertrack: yes [shared]
 + Module example: yes [shared]
 + Module unique_id: yes [shared]
 + Module so: yes [static]
 + Module setenvif: yes [static]
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for Solaris 260 platform
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
      enabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
    o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
    o db_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End
 + using -ldb for mod_auth_db
 + using -ldl for vendor DSO support
ld: fatal: library -ldb: not found
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to helpers/dummy
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `dummy'
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
 Aborting!