Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Dennis Cartier <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/14 15:49:53 UTC

Enabling sticky sessions in Geronimo 2.0.1

Does anyone know how to enable sticky sessions in Geronimo 2.0.1?

I tried using the method that worked in previous Geronimo versions,
adding the following to the config.xml file:

<gbean name="TomcatEngine">
<attribute name="initParams">name="Geronimo" jvmRoute="node1"</attribute>
</gbean>

This did not seem to have any effect on the composition of the
JSESSIONID, hence no sticky sessions.

When I looked up the docs on Tomcat 6 as it pertains to clustering,
the instructions indicate that the server.xml file should be modified
to enable this feature. The Tomcat being used in Geronimo does not
seem to have this file. I assume that the Tomcat instance is being
configured using code. Is there anyway to configure the Tomcat
instance that Geronimo starts?

Dennis

Re: Enabling sticky sessions in Geronimo 2.0.1

Posted by Dennis Cartier <de...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I did not end up actually testing this. I decided to move back
to 1.1.1 and use Terracotta.

Dennis

--
"It is impossible to design fool proof systems, because fools are so clever."

Authour unknown
--

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die

Hunter S. Thompson, US journalist (1939 – 2005)

Re: Enabling sticky sessions in Geronimo 2.0.1

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.