Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by ha...@faa.gov on 2019/03/28 13:01:00 UTC

Database issue installing version 1.0.0

We have a new machine that we're setting up with Guacamole, and I'm putting version 1.0.0 on it (we have 2 others that are running 0.9.13 currently).  When I try to implement the MySQL database portion, I'm getting the following errors in /var/log/messages (this is a RHEL 7.6 server):

Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: 08:56:26.452 [http-bio-8080-exec-5] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error:
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### Error querying database.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### The error may exist in org/apache/guacamole/auth/jdbc/user/UserMapper.xml
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### The error may involve org.apache.guacamole.auth.jdbc.user.UserMapper.selectOne
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### The error occurred while executing a query
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

I downloaded MySQL JDBC driver and put it in /usr/share/tomcat/.guacamole/lib as instructed, and tomcat and guacd restart successfully.  But when I try to load the page, I get a 500 error in the debug console, and the error above in /var/log/messages.

Ideas?
Thanks,
Harry

Harry Devine
DOT/FAA/AJM-2412
Common ARTS Software Development
Terminal Server (NASDAC) Adminstrator
Red Hat Certfied System Adminstrator (RHCSA)
harry.devine@faa.gov<ma...@faa.gov>
(609)485-4218
Building 300, 3rd Floor, Column L20 (3L20)

Re: Database issue installing version 1.0.0

Posted by dipol <di...@bk.ru>.
I have error in catalina.log:

/Caused by: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.InvalidConnectionAttributeException: The
server time zone value 'MSK' is unrecognized or represents more than one
time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the
serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value
if you want to utilize time zone support./

I try it:

/1. mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo/|mysql -u root mysql -p
2. From within MySQL: SET GLOBAL time_zone = 'Europe/Moscow';/

but dont have result.

Re: Database issue installing version 1.0.0

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 8:06 AM <ha...@faa.gov> wrote:

> I had to do the following:
>

> 1)  mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo/|mysql -u root mysql -p
>
> 2)  From within MySQL: *SET* *GLOBAL* time_zone = 'America/New_York';
>

> Then everything seemed to work.

I think you may still need to set default_time_zone in my.cnf for this to
persist across restarts of MariaDB. I don't believe SET GLOBAL persists.

- Mike

RE: Database issue installing version 1.0.0

Posted by ha...@faa.gov.
I had to do the following:

1)  mysql_tzinfo_to_sql /usr/share/zoneinfo/|mysql -u root mysql -p

2)  From within MySQL: SET GLOBAL time_zone = 'America/New_York';

Then everything seemed to work.

Thanks,
Harry

Assuming you mean restarting Tomcat/Guacamole (only the webapp talks to MySQL / MariaDB, not guacd), no, this should have no effect on MariaDB. Restarting MariaDB may have an effect depending on how things were set.

How did you set the timezone specifically? There are a few methods described at the page linked above, some of which (SET GLOBAL) will not persist across restarts.

- Mike

Re: Database issue installing version 1.0.0

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 6:49 AM <ha...@faa.gov> wrote:

> OK, so I set the timezone to be ‘America/New_York’ as described here:
> https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/time-zones/.  Will I have to do this
> every time the guacd or mariadb services are restarted?

Assuming you mean restarting Tomcat/Guacamole (only the webapp talks to
MySQL / MariaDB, not guacd), no, this should have no effect on MariaDB.
Restarting MariaDB may have an effect depending on how things were set.

How did you set the timezone specifically? There are a few methods
described at the page linked above, some of which (SET GLOBAL) will not
persist across restarts.

- Mike

RE: Database issue installing version 1.0.0

Posted by ha...@faa.gov.
OK, so I set the timezone to be ‘America/New_York’ as described here: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/library/time-zones/.  Will I have to do this every time the guacd or mariadb services are restarted?

Thanks,
Harry

We have a new machine that we’re setting up with Guacamole, and I’m putting version 1.0.0 on it (we have 2 others that are running 0.9.13 currently).  When I try to implement the MySQL database portion, I’m getting the following errors in /var/log/messages (this is a RHEL 7.6 server):

Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: Loading class `com.mysql.jdbc.Driver'. This is deprecated. The new driver class is `com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver'. The driver is automatically registered via the SPI and manual loading of the driver class is generally unnecessary.

Interesting.  This might merit a JIRA issue - looks like a warning that we need to change the JDBC driver.

Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: 08:56:26.452 [http-bio-8080-exec-5] ERROR o.a.g.rest.RESTExceptionMapper - Unexpected internal error:
Mar 28 08:56:26 armt server: ### Error querying database.  Cause: java.sql.SQLException: The server time zone value 'EDT' is unrecognized or represents more than one time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the serverTimezone configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone value if you want to utilize time zone support.

Looks like this:

-Nick

Re: Database issue installing version 1.0.0

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@gmail.com>.