Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anthony LaMarca <la...@intel-research.net> on 2001/10/17 00:00:06 UTC

Bad SOAP performance...

If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful....

I'm planning to use Java/soap for an uncoming project and my initial
tests are generating maddening performance problems I can't fix. I
wrote a trivial service for setting/getting an integer. SOAP Calls
from the same machine take about 10ms, but from a remote machine take
200ms.
I'm running on Win2k machines, using jdk1.3.
I've tried both apache soap and axis with both jetty and tomcat and get
the
same super super slow remote calls with all combinations.

Many many thanks in advance
(Apologies if this message appeared twice, mailer acting up...)

-Anthony