Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Anand Bhagwat <ab...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/28 07:15:47 UTC

Problem compiling FeedParser plugin with Nutch 2.1 source

Hi,
I want to use FeedParser plugin which comes as part of Nutch 2.1
distribution. When I am trying to build it  its giving compilation errors.
I think its using some classes from Nutch 1.6 which are not available. Any
suggestions as to how I can resolve this issue?

  *[javac]
/home/adminibm/Documents/workspace-sts-3.1.0.RELEASE/nutch2/src/plugin/feed/src/java/org/apache/nutch/indexer/feed/FeedIndexingFilter.java:28:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class CrawlDatum
    [javac] location: package org.apache.nutch.crawl
    [javac] import org.apache.nutch.crawl.CrawlDatum;
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac]
/home/adminibm/Documents/workspace-sts-3.1.0.RELEASE/nutch2/src/plugin/feed/src/java/org/apache/nutch/indexer/feed/FeedIndexingFilter.java:29:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class Inlinks
    [javac] location: package org.apache.nutch.crawl
    [javac] import org.apache.nutch.crawl.Inlinks;
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac]
/home/adminibm/Documents/workspace-sts-3.1.0.RELEASE/nutch2/src/plugin/feed/src/java/org/apache/nutch/indexer/feed/FeedIndexingFilter.java:36:
cannot find symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class ParseData
    [javac] location: package org.apache.nutch.parse
    [javac] import org.apache.nutch.parse.ParseData;
    [javac]                              ^*

Thanks,
Anand.

Re: Problem compiling FeedParser plugin with Nutch 2.1 source

Posted by Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez <jl...@uci.cu>.
MY bad I thought that the FeedParser refers to nutch 1.X plugin found in the trunk of svn :-) I'm inquiring into this because I'm trying to parse a bunch of PDF files, but store each page individually, though 1 to N relation between 1 url and a lot of documents into solr, any advice on this subject? Right now I'm thinking in something like http://sujitpal.blogspot.com/2012/02/nutchgora-indexing-sections-and.html.

What do you think?

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jorge,

--
*Lewis*

Re: Problem compiling FeedParser plugin with Nutch 2.1 source

Posted by Jorge Luis Betancourt Gonzalez <jl...@uci.cu>.

--
*

http://digitalpebble.blogspot.com/
http://www.digitalpebble.com
http://twitter.com/digitalpebble

Re: Problem compiling FeedParser plugin with Nutch 2.1 source

Posted by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com>.

--
*

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Well in addition to obtaining links from the feed content to continue your
crawl, the feed plugin as also provides an indexingfilter to index feed
documents with the following specific fields; author, tags, published,
updated and the actual feed.
Just to confirm, the feed plugin also uses rome as the underlying parser
library.

Posted by Anand Bhagwat <ab...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for quick reply.

Posted by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com>.
Lewis,

--
Kiran Chitturi

Re: Problem compiling FeedParser plugin with Nutch 2.1 source

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--
*Lewis*

Re: Problem compiling FeedParser plugin with Nutch 2.1 source

Posted by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com>.
I worked on this for a while, i was able to fix FeedIndexingFilter but
FeedParser also needs some more time and i will work on this some other
time. FeedParser might need to be mostly rewritten for 2.x.

--
Kiran Chitturi

Re: Problem compiling FeedParser plugin with Nutch 2.1 source

Posted by kiran chitturi <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
Kiran Chitturi

Re: Problem compiling FeedParser plugin with Nutch 2.1 source

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.

--
*Lewis*