Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by "scott.w.sinclair" <sc...@jpmchase.com> on 2007/01/30 21:10:54 UTC

Sharing transaction manager across multipe sqlmap.xml files

Hi,

I have Java a webapplication which uses IBBATIS DAO and SQLMAP technologies.

I have moved common DAO logic to an external module (JAR file) so that batch
proccesses and the website can share common DAO logic.

This means I have 2 sqlmap.xml files and 2 dao.xml files. But I want to try
and coardinate the connection settings, as we are restrcted to a maximum of
three connections to the database for the webserver. I would like to have
some connection pooling between both "instances" of the ibbatis framework,
does anyone know if this is possible.
I don't really want to use JNDI as the common modulle would also be used in
simple batch processes.

Re: Sharing transaction manager across multipe sqlmap.xml files

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
You might be sick of hearing this, but Spring can help here...

The iBATIS DAO framework is deprecated and we really encourage moving DAOs
to the Spring implementation.  With an implementation based on Spring, I
believe that Spring could inject the same datasource (connection pool) into
multiple SqlMapConfig files.  Of course, this would all need to be in the
same JVM.

If you want to cross JVM boundaries, using a JNDI based datasource is a
better option (your batch process could access the datasource from the web
application's JNDI server).

Jeff Butler