Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by mosabcdef <ma...@vhi.ie> on 2007/09/25 15:02:14 UTC

ViewState issue causing Force refresh not to work.

Hi,

I am having an issue with an upgrade from MyFaces version 1.1.3 to version
1.1.5. Before the upgrade my code was working fine where the header
information (<meta http-equiv="expires" content="0"> and no cache) in each
page was forcing a page refresh if the user clicked the back button. However
since the upgrade this has stopped working. The only difference I can see in
the code is when I view the source of a page that still works, it contains
the line
<input type="hidden" name="javax.faces.ViewState" id="javax.faces.ViewState"
value="rO0ABXVyABNbTGphdmEubGFuZy5PYmplY3Q7kM5YnxBzKWwCAAB4cAAAAAN0AAM1MDBwdAAdL3BhZ2VzL3NzX2NvbnRhY3RfZGV0YWlscy5qc3A="
/> that didn't exist before the upgrade.
The value appears to change after I navigate to and from the page
Does anyone know if this is a known issue or if there is anyway I can force
the ViewState to remain the same, if this is what is causing the Force
Refresh to not work anymore?
Thanks