Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/23 04:21:39 UTC

Re: Report Manager for April

So - now that we're almost there, I'm assuming somehow I have to run the
script that assigns people to podlings, right?

I don't mind taking on both - seems like mostly boiler plate based on prior
months.

John

Re: Report Manager for April

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:21 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So - now that we're almost there, I'm assuming somehow I have to run the
>> script that assigns people to podlings, right?
>
> Thanks for staying on top of things!
>
> Technically, preparing the May report template is the last task of the April
> Report Manager (which was me).  I still had a few days to get it done ;)

I was going to say ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Report Manager for April

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 7:21 PM, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So - now that we're almost there, I'm assuming somehow I have to run the
> script that assigns people to podlings, right?

Thanks for staying on top of things!

Technically, preparing the May report template is the last task of the April
Report Manager (which was me).  I still had a few days to get it done ;) but
why don't we just have you run the commands?  They're easy enough.

Here they are, courtesy of the command line invocation
`python3 report_runbook.py --month=4 --apache-id=johndament`:

    # Assign shepherds.
    python3 assign_shepherds.py --month=5
    svn ci -m "Assign shepherds."

    # Generate report template and publish on the wiki.
    python3 clutch2report.py --month=5 --upload

(Make sure to `svn up` first.)

After that, the first task for you in your role as the May Report Manager will
be to send out the "Report Timeline" email on the last Wednesday of the month
-- which is a week from tomorrow.

> I don't mind taking on both - seems like mostly boiler plate based on prior
> months.

OK, sounds good.  Some parts may be more of a PITA than appears at first (e.g.
assembling the list of releases).  I'm happy to provide support as needed.

Cheers,

Marvin Humphrey