Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/04 23:17:34 UTC

[DISCUSS] Need for Arrow 0.17.1 patch release (binary only?)

hi folks,

We have accumulated a few regressions

ARROW-8657 https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/7089
ARROW-8694 https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/7103

there may be a few others.

I think we should try to make a "streamlined" patch release (after
surveying incoming bug reports for other serious regressions) if
possible focused on providing patched binaries to the impacted users
(in the above, this would be any user of the Parquet portion of the
C++ library). The hope would be to be able to trim down the work
required of a release manager in a normal major release in these
scenarios where we need to get out bugfixes sooner.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Wes

Re: [DISCUSS] Need for Arrow 0.17.1 patch release (binary only?)

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.
Just pushed the maint-0.17.x branch - I had conflicts here and there.

Applied the following git commands:
https://gist.github.com/kszucs/ea75f09090a9ffdff07e51582af1f436

Submitted the corssbow packaging tasks to see nothing is missing.
I'll start with cutting RC0 tomorrow.

Posted by Krisztián Szűcs <sz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
From the release milestone