Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Lang, Cliff" <cl...@us.didata.com> on 2002/03/08 13:18:13 UTC

Another URL rewrite ?

I am migrate our current site built with apache+mod_perl to turbine
(TDK-2.1) and need to maintain the file structure, at least for what the
end user sees.
So I am looking for some insight / examples for doing the following --

I know I can rewrite the URL with apache+mod_rerwite or mod_proxy, my
question is how can I do the below?

Turbine full URL:
http://my.server.com:8080/myapp/servlet/myapp/template/    (app-root)
-- what will look like --
http://my.server.com/                                      no problem
with mod_rewite

But this one -
My site has each user with there own home_dir or site, based on their
username
http://my.server.com/john-smith/         I need this to equate to
-- in turbine --
http://my.server.com:8080/myapp/servlet/myapp/template/RegUser.vm
-- so my quick rewrite would be --
http://my.server.com:8080/myapp/servlet/myapp/template/john-smith/RegUse
r.vm  (and worse when the page /john-smith/myfile.html is requested)

The user can also enter an admin area, to upload files, and change
personal properties, these would be in the form of -

http://my.server.com/john-smith/admin/         I need this to equate to
-- in turbine --
http://my.server.com:8080/myapp/servlet/myapp/template/admin/RegUser.vm

I would like to pass along the original URL, or at least append
"john-smith" to the request going to turbine, while at the same time not
mess up the normal URL parsing of the action, file upload, or template
parameters/functions.  Authentication will happen within the turbine app
where required.

TIA --  Cliff