Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Justin Smith <js...@mcs.drexel.edu> on 2003/06/01 13:21:07 UTC

Tomcat freezes under heavy load

I'm running Apache 2.0.40-21.3 under Redhat 9.0 with
Tomcat 4.1.24 and mod-jk2.

I use this to administer online exams and have noticed that
tomcat locks up, i.e., fails to serve web pages and freezes to
the extent that the shutdown script cannot kill it. You have to kill the
process by hand.

My workers2.properties file is
----------------------------------
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

[shm]
file=/var/run/shm.file
size=1048576

# define the worker
[status:status]

# Uri mapping
[uri:/jkstatus/*]
worker=status:status

Any suggestions?

--
Time blows wildly against my door       | Justin R. Smith
Stirring discarded sorrows      	| Mathematics Department