Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be> on 2005/09/20 00:32:10 UTC

Fwd: undefined page length

Begin forwarded message (from fop-users)

> From: Andreas L Delmelle <a_...@pandora.be>
>
> On Sep 19, 2005, at 09:49, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
>> On 19.09.2005 09:36:49 Willy Reinhardt wrote:
>>> Is it possible to create a pdf with all content into one page with
>>> length adapted accordingly ?
>
>> No, this hasn't been implemented, yet. That would be
>> media-usage="bounded-in-one-dimension" on fo:root. Patches against FOP
>> Trunk are welcome.
>
> For the sake of completeness:
> page-height="indefinite" on fo:simple-page-master would also be
> relevant here, IIC.

BTW: Is it a correct assessment that implementing this should turn out
to be far simpler than fixed page-sizes? IIC, theoretically, the whole
page-breaking algorithm can be ignored for indefinite page-heights.
getAvailableBPD() would always return, say, Integer.MAX_VALUE?

I'll look into it. Seems like a perfect opportunity to familiarize
myself a bit more with the layout code.

If anyone has any pointers to offer, these would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Andreas