Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Holger Flörke <fl...@doctronic.de> on 2001/05/22 17:21:32 UTC

Use XalanTransformer-API with DOM

I would like to change my application to use the XalanTransformer-API. But
how can I use my hand made DOM_Document as a source in transform?

I have created an XSLTInputSource by doing:

// create an XSLT Input-Source
DOM_Document oDoucument= DOM_Document::createDocument();
DOM_Element oElement = oDocument.createElement(DOMString("me"));
oDocument.appendChild(oElement);

XalanDocument* poDocument = oParserLiaison.createDocument(oDocument);

XSLTInputSource oInputSource(poDocument);
oInputSource.setSystemId(XalanDOMString("DOM").data());
oInputSource.setPublicId(XalanDOMString("DOM").data());

If I call:

// Do the transform.
theResult = theXalanTransformer.transform(
       oInputSource,
       "out.xsl",
       "res.xml");

Xalan always says the "The Primary DocumentEntity could not be opened" and
crashes with a NULL-Pointer exception...

TIA

HolgeR

--
holger floerke                      d  o  c  t  r  o  n  i  c
email floerke@doctronic.de          information publishing + retrieval