Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Knowles <ri...@knowleses.org> on 2004/06/03 14:59:12 UTC

Hypothetical

Tomcat dev types,

This is not a request for enhancement or change in any way, just seeking
an opinion on an idea.

Has BCEL ever been considered for use with in a JSP compiler like Jasper
? I'm currently toying with trying to start a new JSP compiler project
to go with Winstone (servlet engine), and so started looking at things
like XSLTC for ideas. I noticed it was using BCEL, and in doing so
avoided the need for more than a JRE.

Do any of you know of a JSP compiler already existing that uses this
approach ? More importantly .... do any of you know of a reason why this
would be a bad idea ?

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Rick Knowles
-----
Servlet v2.4 container in a single 140KB jar file ? Try Winstone
(http://winstone.sf.net/) <http://winstone.sourceforge.net/>