Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com> on 2015/12/01 00:04:45 UTC

Re: Disable some of the Hudson integration comments on JIRA

> On Nov 30, 2015, at 11:33 AM, Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Good point Allen. So I guess the broader question is, do we find the
> per-commit tracking build and test useful? With our current flakiness
> levels, there isn't much signal from a FAILED on one of these integration
> jobs. I think Hadoop-trunk-Commit is still nice as a compilation check.

	… except it doesn’t compile everything ...

Re: Disable some of the Hudson integration comments on JIRA

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
> On 1 Dec 2015, at 00:03, Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 30, 2015, at 3:46 PM, Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> To be exhaustive, we'd also add the various -Drequire options for full
>> inclusion of all optional native components.  Unfortunately, that gets
>> tricky because of the various build pre-requisites which would need to be
>> present on the Jenkins hosts.  This is where the Dockerfile is helpful,
>> because it encapsulates all of that.  Maybe this job would benefit from
>> using the Dockerfile.
>>

> I’ve been noodling over the past few weeks about a tool called ‘qbt’ that would basically manage builds like Yetus manages tests.  It’d be able to use the Yetus plug-ins to qualify the build, do reporting, etc.

I've been doing some work again on some databricks-originating code to go through jenkins histories and ID flaky tests, including automated result publishing as a google doc.

https://github.com/steveloughran/spark-test-failures/tree/stevel-version

The original release was hard code to the spark jenkins and builds; I'm fixing my branch to work with ASF jenkins.

Although the original design's publishing to google docs is cute, we could have some other reporters. Generating an HTML page would be ideal for jenkins itself. So jenkins could be used to run analytics workloads against other job histories

Re: Disable some of the Hudson integration comments on JIRA

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com>.

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.
To be exhaustive, we'd also add the various -Drequire options for full
inclusion of all optional native components.  Unfortunately, that gets
tricky because of the various build pre-requisites which would need to be
present on the Jenkins hosts.  This is where the Dockerfile is helpful,
because it encapsulates all of that.  Maybe this job would benefit from
using the Dockerfile.

--Chris Nauroth

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com>.