Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Juan Gargiulo <ju...@mindstech.com> on 2004/07/02 01:31:11 UTC

Automatic Versioning

I'm new to Maven and I couldn't find any documentation on how Maven
manages a project's versioning in an automatic way. By automatic
versioning, I mean CVS tagging with the next build|minor|major number.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Juan

Re: Automatic Versioning

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
A basic version of this is:
maven scm:prepare-release

It's interactive - its not really intended for tagging with build numbers.

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/scm/

Cheers,
Brett