Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com> on 2012/09/22 12:46:35 UTC

customizable size tiered compaction

I am interested in experiments with size tiered compaction, because i
get sstables which are never compacted because no other sstable is close
to their size, i have plans to experiment with bucket ratio which is
currently 50-150 percent to make it 33-200 percent.

Its all about changing constants at lines 170-171

https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/compaction/SizeTieredCompactionStrategy.java

if ((size > (oldAverageSize / 2) && size < (3 * oldAverageSize) / 2)

|| (size < minSSTableSize && oldAverageSize < minSSTableSize))

to make these constant configurable, i suppose something similar to
"min_sstable_size" is needed. Its min_sstable_size configurable by CF or
its node wide setup?

Re: customizable size tiered compaction

Posted by Radim Kolar <hs...@filez.com>.
coded in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4704