Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu> on 2007/01/29 22:36:45 UTC

[1.4] Proxying

I am having trouble getting the top tabs to proxy correctly in 1.4. In
fact I am having a few issues with proxying with 1.4. Everything would
seem to work fine, if I didn't want to have it all proxy back to a
subdirectory. I want www.example.com/web/ to be my proxy root, however
the tabs at the top of authoring come back with
www.example.com/publication/... instead of the desired
www.example.com/web/publication/....

I also see www.example.com/lenya and www.example.com/modules. It would
be nice to get these two under www.example.com/web/ as well.

I do have the proxy config options in the publication.xconf, and live
seems to be working relatively well.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Richard

Re: [1.4] Proxying

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu>.
Yeah, using mod_proxy, I have the subdirectory specified in
publication.xconf proxy options. If you don't do it right there, the CSS
won't come in. So I know that is working correctly. All of the menu
items work correctly. It is just the admin, site, authoring, and live
tabs that are the problem. Well, going to the site tab manually, I see
that the sitetree doesn't load either. I probably should open a bug.
I'll give it the night to see if anyone else has an idea.

I could do as you suggest, however I am trying to keep my base url as
clean as possible. I'm doing this as an easier way of running authoring
over HTTPS, and could end up with a large number of publications going
through this, not to mention existing content.

Re: [1.4] Proxying

Posted by Doug Chestnut <dh...@virginia.edu>.