Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Ram Kulbak <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/25 10:29:00 UTC

hbase 0.20.0-alpha and zookeeper

Hi,
I've noticed that hbase 0.20.0-alpha comes with a non official zookeeper jar
(zookeeper-r785019-hbase-1329.jar).
Can I deploy hbase 0.20.0-alpha with zookeeper 3.1.1 ?

Thanks,
Ram

Re: hbase 0.20.0-alpha and zookeeper

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
I use the existing jar and a zk 3.1.1 server.

HBASE-1329 is about providing more visibility into ZK from hbase
standard tools.  There are no other major changes.

so, yes. please leave the jar in place,  but feel free to use a 3.1.1 server

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
FYI, the name of the zk jar has the zk svn revision we patched and the hbase
issue number whose patch it includes.
St.Ack