Posted to users@camel.apache.org by mistrz <gr...@edmunds.com> on 2009/12/18 21:14:42 UTC

Interceptors implementaion

We want to post messages to a Virtual Topic (ActiveMQ) and some queues not to
receive the message based on the headers.  The Camel Interceptors actually
allow the message to get to the queue, is that correct?  If yes, that is not
optimal--any other solutions?

Re: Interceptors implementaion

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM, mistrz <gr...@edmunds.com> wrote:

> I understand that selectors and filters accomplish the task.  The issue is
> that messages are posted to the queue and THEN filtered out.  In certain
> situations that can be a significant performance problem.

If you do NOT want Camel to consume the unwanted messages from the
topic, then you need to resolve that on the broker side.
So it wont "expose" those unwanted messages to certain clients. Using
the JMS message selector can do that.

But AMQ or other brokers may have more advanced features for that. You
should go ask in the AMQ user forum about this.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Interceptors implementaion

Posted by mistrz <gr...@edmunds.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.