Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> on 2011/11/08 18:53:44 UTC

Current LoadModule enabling status

After Stefan's change r1199027 we no longer load all built modules by
default. The new behaviour is (citing Stefan):

"By default, only load those modules that are either required
or explicitly selected by a configure --enable-foo argument. The
LoadModule statements for modules enabled by --enable-mods-shared=most
and friends will be commented out."

I compiled trunk with "reallyall" and here's the list which of our
modules are enabled by default - if it is compiled. Now is the time to
comment whether modules should switch between enabled and disabled.

Enabled

access_compat_module
actions_module
alias_module
allowmethods_module
auth_basic_module
auth_form_module
authn_core_module
authn_file_module
authz_core_module
authz_groupfile_module
authz_host_module
authz_user_module
autoindex_module
buffer_module
cgid_module
dir_module
env_module
filter_module
include_module
log_config_module
mime_module
mpm_event_module
negotiation_module
ratelimit_module
reqtimeout_module
request_module
setenvif_module
status_module
suexec_module
unixd_module
userdir_module
version_module

Disabled

asis_module
auth_digest_module
authn_anon_module
authn_dbd_module
authn_dbm_module
authn_socache_module
authnz_ldap_module
authz_dbd_module
authz_dbm_module
authz_owner_module
bucketeer_module
cache_disk_module
cache_module
case_filter_in_module
case_filter_module
cern_meta_module
cgi_module
charset_lite_module
data_module
dav_fs_module
dav_lock_module
dav_module
dbd_module
deflate_module
dialup_module
dumpio_module
echo_module
example_hooks_module
example_ipc_module
expires_module
ext_filter_module
file_cache_module
headers_module
heartbeat_module
heartmonitor_module
ident_module
imagemap_module
info_module
isapi_module
lbmethod_bybusyness_module
lbmethod_byrequests_module
lbmethod_bytraffic_module
lbmethod_heartbeat_module
ldap_module
log_debug_module
log_forensic_module
logio_module
lua_module
mime_magic_module
optional_fn_export_module
optional_fn_import_module
optional_hook_export_module
optional_hook_import_module
privileges_module
proxy_ajp_module
proxy_balancer_module
proxy_connect_module
proxy_express_module
proxy_fcgi_module
proxy_ftp_module
proxy_html_module
proxy_http_module
proxy_module
proxy_scgi_module
reflector_module
remoteip_module
rewrite_module
sed_module
session_cookie_module
session_crypto_module
session_dbd_module
session_module
slotmem_plain_module
slotmem_shm_module
socache_dbm_module
socache_dc_module
socache_memcache_module
socache_shmcb_module
speling_module
ssl_module
substitute_module
unique_id_module
usertrack_module
vhost_alias_module
watchdog_module
xml2enc_module

Unchecked (not build), likely Disabled

noloris_module
proxy_fdpass_module
serf_module

Regards,

Rainer

Re: Current LoadModule enabling status

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
> On 11/8/2011 11:53 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> After Stefan's change r1199027 we no longer load all built modules by
>> default. The new behaviour is (citing Stefan):
>>
>> "By default, only load those modules that are either required
>> or explicitly selected by a configure --enable-foo argument. The
>> LoadModule statements for modules enabled by --enable-mods-shared=most
>> and friends will be commented out."
>
> Commented-out also means there is no attempt by our test-framework to
> validate those modules, right?
>
> We need (from development) a mode of enable-reallyall which in fact
> loads them all for interop testing.

Done in r1199467: configure now allows an additional flag
--enable-load-all-modules that will suppress the automatic commenting
out of LoadModule lines. All modules built will be also loaded then by
the generated httpd.conf.

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
(but maybe I've misunderstood the change -- doing my homework)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: Current LoadModule enabling status

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 08.11.2011 13:57, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Nov 2011, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> After Stefan's change r1199027 we no longer load all built modules by
>> default. The new behaviour is (citing Stefan):
>>
>> "By default, only load those modules that are either required
>> or explicitly selected by a configure --enable-foo argument. The
>> LoadModule statements for modules enabled by --enable-mods-shared=most
>> and friends will be commented out."
>>
>> I compiled trunk with "reallyall" and here's the list which of our
>> modules are enabled by default - if it is compiled. Now is the time to
>> comment whether modules should switch between enabled and disabled.
>>
>> Enabled
>
> I would vote for these to be demoted to 'most' / not loaded by default
>
>> actions_module
>> auth_form_module
>> buffer_module
>> ratelimit_module
>> request_module

+1

> This one is actually not enabled by default? Did you pass --enable-suexec?
>
>> suexec_module

Yes, I did, but that one was the only flag changing the build state of
an individual module.

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011, Rainer Jung wrote:
> After Stefan's change r1199027 we no longer load all built modules by
> default. The new behaviour is (citing Stefan):
>
> "By default, only load those modules that are either required
> or explicitly selected by a configure --enable-foo argument. The
> LoadModule statements for modules enabled by --enable-mods-shared=most
> and friends will be commented out."
>
> I compiled trunk with "reallyall" and here's the list which of our
> modules are enabled by default - if it is compiled. Now is the time to
> comment whether modules should switch between enabled and disabled.
>
> Enabled

I would vote for these to be demoted to 'most' / not loaded by default

> actions_module
> auth_form_module
> buffer_module
> ratelimit_module
> request_module

This one is actually not enabled by default? Did you pass --enable-suexec?

> suexec_module

And these are IMHO candidates for promotion from most to yes: