Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Ziya Akar <zi...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/01 14:35:46 UTC

OFFSET number exceed!

Hi,

I am trying to retrieve all dbpedia triples to extract information
about dataset by query below :

Select * where  {?s ?p ?o} LIMIT 1000 OFFSET x.

I increment 1000 value of x in each execution. After a while value of
x variable exceeds decimal bounds.

How can i handle this situation?  I want to continue to query.

Thanks.

Ziya

Re: OFFSET number exceed!

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 01/05/12 13:35, Ziya Akar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to retrieve all dbpedia triples to extract information
> about dataset by query below :
>
> Select * where  {?s ?p ?o} LIMIT 1000 OFFSET x.
>
> I increment 1000 value of x in each execution. After a while value of
> x variable exceeds decimal bounds.

What is the error message exactly? (from which system?)

> How can i handle this situation?  I want to continue to query.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ziya

If this error comes from DBpedia, then you'll have to ask them.

Jena ARQ uses a long for the offset and limit - I suppose a BigInteger
might be necessary nowdays -- long ago, long was quite enough!

By the way - why not download the dumps of the database instead?  Much
more efficient.

	Andy