Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> on 2002/09/10 00:11:15 UTC

svn with nonexistent file:/// uses all available memory

Try running this:

% svn log file:///some_path

It'll use all the available memory on your system.

Attaching strace to this shows this:

brk(0x8076000)                          = 0x8076000
open("/some_path/format", O_RDONLY)     = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/format", O_RDONLY)               = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/format", O_RDONLY)               = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/format", O_RDONLY)               = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/format", O_RDONLY)               = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/format", O_RDONLY)               = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/format", O_RDONLY)               = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Best,
Blair

--
Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>

Re: svn with nonexistent file:/// uses all available memory

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
cmpilato@collab.net writes:
> Check subversion/libsvn_ra_local/split_url.c:svn_ra_local__split_URL(),
> 'round line 117.
>
>       if (svn_path_is_empty_nts (candidate_url))
>         break;
>
> That's the sentinel for a while(1) loop that I'm betting is the source
> of failure.  I have, however, no proof of this theory, and am not in a
> build-worthy state.

Heh, looked up from debugging to see your mail.  Yep, this guess is
right on -- I'm about to commit a fix :-).

-K

Re: svn with nonexistent file:/// uses all available memory

Posted by cm...@collab.net.