Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Curtis Jensen <cu...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/08 23:04:45 UTC

unique PATH environment variable for Mapper class

Is it possible to set the MS. Windows PATH environment variable for Mapper
classes?
I have maps that depend on JNI and I need to set the PATH so that the .dlls
can be found.  The PATH can't be inherited from main, because it is running
from within Tomcat and I don't have control over its start up.

Thanks,
Curtis

Re: unique PATH environment variable for Mapper class

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.
You can set mapred.child.env on the JobConf before you submit the job.
If you want to add to the PATH, you can set to something like:

PATH=$PATH:/directory/with/dlls

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria