Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2015/01/06 20:48:12 UTC

[Commons Wiki] Update of "FrontPage" by LucMaisonobe

Dear Wiki user,

The "FrontPage" page has been changed by LucMaisonobe:
https://wiki.apache.org/commons/FrontPage?action=diff&rev1=130&rev2=131

Comment:
Adding a page for GIT

  ##language:en
  #pragma section-numbers off
+ = Welcome to the Apache Commons Wiki =
+ || {{http://commons.apache.org/images/logo.png}} ||This is the [[ApacheGeneral:FrontPage|Apache Wiki]] for the [[http://commons.apache.org/|Apache Commons]] project and is maintained by the [[commons:FrontPage|Commons]] community. To edit pages, visit [[UserPreferences|login]] near the top right corner of any page to create a user profile or to login. Then send a brief request '''(including your wiki username)''' to the [[http://commons.apache.org/mail-lists.html|Commons dev@ list]] asking to be added to the [[ContributorsGroup|Contributors Group]]. You can then edit the pages in this Wiki. Notifications of all changes you make will be sent to the dev@commons mailing list, so we will be aware of your changes and we will happily correct any small mistakes that you might make. ||

- = Welcome to the Apache Commons Wiki =
- || {{http://commons.apache.org/images/logo.png}} ||  This is the [[ApacheGeneral:FrontPage|Apache Wiki]] for the [[http://commons.apache.org/|Apache Commons]] project and is maintained by the [[commons:FrontPage|Commons]] community. To edit pages, visit [[UserPreferences|login]] near the top right corner of any page to create a user profile or to login. Then send a brief request '''(including your wiki username)''' to the [[http://commons.apache.org/mail-lists.html| Commons dev@ list]] asking to be added to the [[ContributorsGroup|Contributors Group]]. You can then edit the pages in this Wiki. Notifications of all changes you make will be sent to the dev@commons mailing list, so we will be aware of your changes and we will happily correct any small mistakes that you might make. ||

  We're a [[http://wiki.apache.org/commons/FrontPage|Commons]] community, dedicated to creating reusable library components in Java. Apache Commons is now using [[http://subversion.tigris.org/|Subversion]] as the version control system.

  Welcome: CommonsEtiquette | CommonsResources | ArticlesAndTutorials

- Developers: GettingInvolved | [[UsingSVN]] | CodeStyle
+ Developers: GettingInvolved | [[UsingSVN]] | UsingGIT | CodeStyle

  Committers: CommonsPeople | ComponentPlans | CommonsCommitters | CommonsOsgi | UsingNexus | CommonsGroupids | Maven3Plan

  Bug Reports: [[http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa|Jira]]

  = Components =
+ On this wiki:

- On this wiki:
+  *
-  * [[BeanUtils]] - Utilities for manipulating java beans, including copying properties, cloning, invoking methods and type conversion.
+  BeanUtils - Utilities for manipulating java beans, including copying properties, cloning, invoking methods and type conversion.
+
+  *
-  * [[Betwixt]] - Services for mapping !JavaBeans to XML documents, and vice versa.
+  [[Betwixt]] - Services for mapping !JavaBeans to XML documents, and vice versa.
+
+  *
-  * [[Chain]] - A "Chain of Responsibility" pattern implemention for organizing complex processing flows.
+  [[Chain]] - A "Chain of Responsibility" pattern implemention for organizing complex processing flows.
+
+  *
-  * [[CLI]] - Command Line Interface library for processing command-line options and arguments.
+  [[CLI]] - Command Line Interface library for processing command-line options and arguments.
+
+  *
-  * [[Codec]] -  General encoding/decoding algorithms. Includes some phonetic encoders, Hex, Base64, and a URL encoder.
+  [[Codec]] -  General encoding/decoding algorithms. Includes some phonetic encoders, Hex, Base64, and a URL encoder.
+
+  *
-  * [[Collections]] -  Builds upon the Java Collections Framework of List, Set and Map to provide many more implementations, new collections and abstract base classes.
+  [[Collections]] -  Builds upon the Java Collections Framework of List, Set and Map to provide many more implementations, new collections and abstract base classes.
+
+  *
-  * [[Configuration]] - Tools to assist in the reading of configuration/preferences files in various formats
+  [[Configuration]] - Tools to assist in the reading of configuration/preferences files in various formats
+
+  *
-  * [[Compress]] - Defines an API for working with archives and compression formats including but not limited to: tar,gz, ar, cpio, zip and bzip2 files
+  [[Compress]] - Defines an API for working with archives and compression formats including but not limited to: tar,gz, ar, cpio, zip and bzip2 files
+
+  *
-  * [[Daemon]] - Run (java) applications as windows service or UNIX daemon.
+  [[Daemon]] - Run (java) applications as windows service or UNIX daemon.
+
+  *
-  * [[DBCP]] - Database connection pooling services.
+  [[DBCP]] - Database connection pooling services.
+
+  *
-  * [[Digester]] - An XML-to-Java-object mapping utility commonly used for parsing XML configuration files.
+  [[Digester]] - An XML-to-Java-object mapping utility commonly used for parsing XML configuration files.
+
+  *
-  * [[Email]] - Simplify email sending with Java. Built on top of the Java Mail API.
+  [[Email]] - Simplify email sending with Java. Built on top of the Java Mail API.
+
+  *
-  * [[Exec]] - A Java library to execute external processes from within a Java application
+  [[Exec]] - A Java library to execute external processes from within a Java application
+
+  *
-  * [[FileUpload]] -  Makes it easy to add robust, high-performance, file upload capability to your servlets and web applications
+  FileUpload -  Makes it easy to add robust, high-performance, file upload capability to your servlets and web applications
+
+  *
-  * [[Functor]] - Supports functional programming in Java
-  * [[http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/FrontPage|HttpClient]] - A framework for working with the client-side of the HTTP protocol.
+  [[http://wiki.apache.org/HttpComponents/FrontPage|HttpClient]] - A framework for working with the client-side of the HTTP protocol.
+
+  *
-  * [[IO]] - Utility classes, stream implementations, file filters and endian classes to assist in input/output operations.
+  [[IO]] - Utility classes, stream implementations, file filters and endian classes to assist in input/output operations.
+
+  *
-  * [[JCI]] - Java Compiler Interface
+  [[JCI]] - Java Compiler Interface
+
+  *
-  * [[JEXL]] - A velocity-esque expression interpreter
+  [[JEXL]] - A velocity-esque expression interpreter
+
+  *
-  * [[Jelly]] - An XML-based scripting language
+  [[Jelly]] - An XML-based scripting language
+
+  *
-  * [[JXPath]] - Facilities for applying xpath expressions to graphs of objects of all kinds: Java beans, Maps, Servlet contexts, DOM etc.
+  [[JXPath]] - Facilities for applying xpath expressions to graphs of objects of all kinds: Java beans, Maps, Servlet contexts, DOM etc.
+
+  *
-  * [[Lang]] - Common utilities that should be provided by the JDK, including String handling, Object and Date helpers, nested exceptions and enumerated types.
+  [[Lang]] - Common utilities that should be provided by the JDK, including String handling, Object and Date helpers, nested exceptions and enumerated types.
+
+  *
-  * [[Launcher]] -  A cross platform Java application launcher which eliminates the need for a batch or shell script to launch a Java class.
+  [[Launcher]] -  A cross platform Java application launcher which eliminates the need for a batch or shell script to launch a Java class.
+
+  *
-  * [[Logging]] A thin, modular bridging API with out-of-the-box support for the most well known logging systems.
+  [[Logging]] A thin, modular bridging API with out-of-the-box support for the most well known logging systems.
+
+  *
-  * [[Math]] Lightweight, self-contained mathematics and statistics components.
+  [[Math]] Lightweight, self-contained mathematics and statistics components.
+
+  *
-  * [[Modeler]] Mechanisms to create Model MBeans compatible with the Java Management Extensions (JMX) specification.
+  [[Modeler]] Mechanisms to create Model MBeans compatible with the Java Management Extensions (JMX) specification.
+
+  *
-  * [[Net]] -  A collection of classes implementing various network protocols such as FTP, NNTP, SMTP, Telnet.
+  [[Net]] -  A collection of classes implementing various network protocols such as FTP, NNTP, SMTP, Telnet.
+
+  *
-  * [[Pool]] - A generic object pooling interface, a toolkit for creating modular object pools and several general purpose pool implementations.
+  [[Pool]] - A generic object pooling interface, a toolkit for creating modular object pools and several general purpose pool implementations.
+
+  *
-  * [[Proxy]] - A Java library for dynamic proxying
+  [[Proxy]] - A Java library for dynamic proxying
+
+  *
-  * [[SCXML]] - A Java implementation of State Chart XML (SCXML), currently a W3C Working Draft.
+  [[SCXML]] - A Java implementation of State Chart XML (SCXML), currently a W3C Working Draft.
+
+  *
-  * [[Transaction]] - Utility classes commonly used in transactional programming
+  [[Transaction]] - Utility classes commonly used in transactional programming
+
+  *
-  * [[Validator]] - Components for user input validation
+  [[Validator]] - Components for user input validation
+
+  *
-  * [[VFS]] - Extensible framework to acces various filesystems through an unified api with implementations for e.g. sftp, smb, http, zip, ...
+  [[VFS]] - Extensible framework to acces various filesystems through an unified api with implementations for e.g. sftp, smb, http, zip, ...
+

  On the commons site:
+
+  *
-  * http://commons.apache.org/components.html
+  http://commons.apache.org/components.html
+

  ----
-
  = Sandbox =
-
  TheSandbox is an open workspace for Apache committers. This is also divided into components.

  On this wiki:

+  *
-  * [[classscan|ClassScan]] - Read access to the !ClassPath of a !ClassLoader and metadata about the classes available from a !ClassLoader.
+  [[classscan|ClassScan]] - Read access to the !ClassPath of a !ClassLoader and metadata about the classes available from a !ClassLoader.
+
+  *
-  * [[CLI2]] - An experimental rewrite of the Commons CLI API
+  [[CLI2]] - An experimental rewrite of the Commons CLI API
+
+  *
-  * [[CommonsCsv]] - Proposed new component
+  CommonsCsv - Proposed new component
+
+  *
-  * [[Id]] - Generators for identifiers
+  [[Id]] - Generators for identifiers
+
+  *
-  * [[ME]] - Provides JaveME helpers, and implementations of JavaSE functionality that JavaME lacks but programmers want
+  [[ME]] - Provides JaveME helpers, and implementations of JavaSE functionality that JavaME lacks but programmers want
+
+  *
-  * [[Metadata]] - Proposed new component which provides a class metadata API similar to that of JDK5
+  [[Metadata]] - Proposed new component which provides a class metadata API similar to that of JDK5

  ----
+ = Dormant =
+ Sandbox components that are currently inactive. On this wiki:

- = Dormant =
+  *
+  CommonsConvert - Various conversion ideas extracted from BeanUtils

+  *
- Sandbox components that are currently inactive. On this wiki:
-  * [[CommonsConvert]] - Various conversion ideas extracted from [[BeanUtils]]
-  * [[FeedParser]] - RSS and Atom parsing infrastructure
+  FeedParser - RSS and Atom parsing infrastructure
+
+  *
-  * [[Resources]] - A lightweight framework for defining and looking up internationalized message strings.
+  [[Resources]] - A lightweight framework for defining and looking up internationalized message strings.
+

  ----
-
  = 'Special' Wiki pages =
-
  See SpecialWikiPages for a basic guide to using this wiki, a full-text search of this wiki, a title index, orphaned and random pages, stats, and information about this wiki installation and available extensions.

Re: [Commons Wiki] Update of "FrontPage" by LucMaisonobe

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org>.
Le 06/01/2015 21:08, sebb a écrit :
> [...]
>>>
>>>   We're a [[http://wiki.apache.org/commons/FrontPage|Commons]] community, dedicated to creating reusable library components in Java. Apache Commons is now using [[http://subversion.tigris.org/|Subversion]] as the version control system.
>>>
>>>   Welcome: CommonsEtiquette | CommonsResources | ArticlesAndTutorials
>>>
>>> - Developers: GettingInvolved | [[UsingSVN]] | CodeStyle
>>> + Developers: GettingInvolved | [[UsingSVN]] | UsingGIT | CodeStyle
>>
>> I only changed the above line, none of the below lines.
>>
>> Is there some setting I missed? As editing is done in a browser, I don't
>> think line endings are a problem, but for what its worth, I'm on Linux.
>
> The GUI and Text modes do not play together well.
>
> Consecutive edits in different modes tend to create huge diffs.

OK, thanks. I will stick to text mode from now on.

Luc

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <lu...@spaceroots.org>.