Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Henrique Craveiro <he...@ef.pt> on 2006/02/27 17:04:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Basic Authentication with mod_proxy

Hi,

Ok, since not everybody uses or used mod_auth_kerb, I present my question
speaking about using Basic authentication (instead of mod_auth_kerb) and
mod_proxy.

I configured my Web Server with Basic Authentication and mod_proxy acting as
reverse Proxy. What I want is Apache to authenticate and only in case of
succeeding in it it redirects to another server. How can I do it? Mod_proxy
always takes charge and authentication doesn't occur because of it... :(

Anybody?

Thanks,

Henrique

Re: [users@httpd] Basic Authentication with mod_proxy

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 3/1/06, Henrique Craveiro <he...@ef.pt> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I was using <Directory>, I tried <Location> and now it works!
> Thanks :)
>
> Henrique
>
> PS - By the way, which is the reason for it not to work using Directory?

<Directory> only applies to actual filesystem directories on the
server.  When using proxy, the request never touches the server's
filesystem.  See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html#file-and-web

Joshua.

RE: [users@httpd] Basic Authentication with mod_proxy

> Ok, since not everybody uses or used mod_auth_kerb, I present my
> question speaking about using Basic authentication (instead of
> mod_auth_kerb) and mod_proxy.
>
> I configured my Web Server with Basic Authentication and mod_proxy
> acting as reverse Proxy. What I want is Apache to authenticate and
> only in case of succeeding in it it redirects to another server. How
> can I do it? Mod_proxy always takes charge and authentication doesn't
> occur because of it... :(
>
> Anybody?

You never answered my question asking exactly how you have it configured and
whether you are using <Directory> or <Location>.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Basic Authentication with mod_proxy

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.