Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Christian Schäfer <sy...@yahoo.de> on 2013/02/01 13:40:58 UTC

How to set proxy excludes on http component?

Hello there,

just wonder how to set proxy excludes on http component asI didn't find any note in the docs.

Proxy excludes that are globally set (e.g. System.setProperty("http.nonProxyHosts", "localhost") are ignored by the http camel component.

Any suggestions?

 regards
Christian

Re: How to set proxy excludes on http component?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:40 AM, JaredBoucher <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Willem,
>
> I have a requirement for my current project using camel to be able to
> exclude internal hosts in our network from a proxy which allows outbound
> traffic.  All external traffic would go through the proxy.  Is there any
> plans to support proxy exclusions in the camel context for the
> HttpComponent/HttpEndpoint in the near future, as this would be very useful
> for our requirements.

You should log a JIRA ticket and as we love contributions people is
welcome to work on a patch

Then we can have some new options to set the exclude host name(s)
http://camel.apache.org/http

> Thank you,

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: How to set proxy excludes on http component?

Posted by JaredBoucher <jb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henrique,

Unless something has changed from the discussion in this thread, camel does
not respect the http proxy system properties.  The properties must be set in
the camel context, not as a java system property.

Also, the http.nonProxyHosts is ignored when set in the camel context or
system property as noted in this thread and in my personal trials.

Re: How to set proxy excludes on http component?

Posted by Henrique Viecili <vi...@gmail.com>.
You could set up the system property 'http.nonProxyHosts'

Henrique Viecili

Posted by Christian Schäfer <sy...@yahoo.de>.
Interesting idea to set proxy in the camel context. Will check if it's appropriate.

Thanks for confirming that http proxy excludes are not yet supported.

regards,

Christian

________________________________
Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On the long term it would be nice if we have a way of configuring http
proxies in the same way with SSL/TLS that work across the various
Camel components.
eg the work David did.
http://camel.apache.org/camel-configuration-utilities.html

If we could get this to be similar across the various http components,
then that would be great.

--
Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: How to set proxy excludes on http component?

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.