Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by David Stuhr <da...@verizon.net.INVALID> on 2020/08/18 23:38:24 UTC

Re: Get URL from Hyperlink - Solved

Hello,

I figured out a very low tech solution ... save as an HTML file, a
little editing and a file import. Done. Sometimes simpler is better and
I know I will fully understand what I am dong. :-)

I would be more than happy to write up a cheat sheet of the steps in the
procedure that I am yet to devise. (But I know I can do it.)

I want to thank the members of the group for the unpaid work that you
do. I for one appreciate what each of you do. I look forward each day to
the question/problems users present and the thoughtful attention you
give to the issues raised. Keep up the good work.

I think in this day and age that a function that would get the URL from
a Hyperlink in a spreadsheet cell would be entirely appropriate. Does
the team/individual that maintains OpenOffice have a "suggestion" box?

David

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID>.
At 19:38 18/08/2020 -0400, David Stuhr wrote:
>I think in this day and age that a function that would get the URL
>from a Hyperlink in a spreadsheet cell would be entirely
>appropriate. Does the team/individual that maintains OpenOffice have
>a "suggestion" box?

Yup. You can suggest enhancements at the same place as you report
bugs: https://bz.apache.org/ooo/ . See also
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/HowToFileIssue .

Brian Barker