Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com> on 2002/12/22 06:52:16 UTC

Patch for pop3-file bug

The change is very distinct from the rest of the code, so I've just
attached it so people can test it if they like.

It's almost entirely new files... I copied over the underlying file
repository code from Avalon into a new package in James
(org.apache.james.mailrepository.filepair), removed the numbering, and
added logic during initialization to unnumber files as best it can.
It's really a pretty minimal change as everyone suspected.  It logs all
the file renaming it does (successful and unsuccessful).

So attached is the very small diff to james-config.xml that changes the
two places where the underlying file repository implementation was
specified, and a zip of the source code to put into
src/java/org/apache/james/mailrepository/filepair.

To test, I was using the old file repositories, would deliver messages,
add accounts, restart, repeat this cycle a few times so messages would
get lost several times.  Then I changed config to point to the new
implementation, and all those lost messages are found.  Hopefully though
people with much larger installations can test to make sure the
migration works for them.

--
Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies