Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/08/01 17:31:24 UTC

[RESULTS] Effect a naming policy g/POI/s//Poi/g

The motion failed to pass.

+1 = 1 vote
-0 = 1 vote

To pass it required 3 +1 votes and not -1s.

Lets move on now please.  Regardless of personal preference lets put the
community first.  We don't have consensus on this, can never achieve
consensus on this.  That¹s why the policy was set to either in the first
place.

Tetsuya's issue seems to be primarily based on an issue with his editor not
knowing which is correct POI or Poi.  I have offered off-list to write his
editor.

Let us always remember what the project is about: writing great code and
working with great guys.  The details REALLY TRULY don't matter.  It is
important that we stick together and work together.  It is important that we
work towards things we CAN agree on and come up with inclusive ways to deal
with things that we can't.

We have a precedent of working in this way and if that¹s me not letting go
of my baby then DAMN STRAIGHT.  And neither should you.

There are some people on this project with pretty strong opinions and hard
heads and that is why we must always find the middle road.  The one with
either two winners or no losers.

Lets get 2.0 out the door!  I want to have some fun again!  Lets make 3.0
into a hummer instead of a Hummer* ;-)

-Andy

* - a consumer version of a US mechanized infantry vehicle which has become
popular.  Its most notable for being HUGE, taking a lot of gas and looking
like a big box.   Very popular now a days...  (logic however has fallen from
favor)

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?