Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dave Hoffer <DH...@xrite.com> on 2007/04/30 22:31:26 UTC

MRELEASE-134 Update/Workaround

Does anyone know when a release of the release plug-in will be made with
MRELEASE-134 fixed?  Also, it seems that all (most) other plug-ins have
the same problem; I have observed this bug with the idea, assembly &
dependency plug-in.  It seems troubling to me that so many plug-ins have
this bug.

What are the workarounds for this?  We are to the point of being forced
to not use version ranges, but we don't want to do this because the
practice works so well if it were not for the bug!

What are the options?

-          If you don't use version ranges, how can you get the same
behavior?

-          Could this be fixed?  Where is the code that resolves version
ranges?  Is this shared across all plug-in or does each implement this
in their own way?