Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Jakub Stransky <st...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/02 14:27:37 UTC

Pig multiple outputs with avro data files

Hello,

I am new to apache pig and I am facing a following task/issue. Our data are
in avro data format and we need to categorize the data in various
directories ideally dynamically built.

We use AvroStorage UDF from piggybank to work with avro files but didn't
find any way how to deal with multi output. Contrary MultiStorage doesn't
support avro data file. Or am I mistaken?

To me it seems that the ability to categorize the data is crucial. I would
be really greatuful for any hints or possibilities.

Thanks
Jakub