Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Rogan Carr <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/20 23:11:04 UTC

Overlapping issues

Hi All,

I've taken on REEF-1585, which is updating Org.Apache.REEF.IMRU to .NET
Core compatibility. The issues here are actually all having to do with an
error we throw.

Essentially, I'm converting RemotingException to an allowed exception class.

When I do this, should I also fix the custom throws that we have in the
codebase, or should I leave those unchanged because these are a separate
issue, REEF-1467?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Rogan

Re: Overlapping issues

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 4:11 PM, Rogan Carr <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When I do this, should I also fix the custom throws that we have in the
> codebase, or should I leave those unchanged because these are a separate
> issue, REEF-1467?

We try to keep changes like that separate in order to have a higher
chance of being able to dissect future breakages.

Markus

Re: Overlapping issues

Posted by Rogan Carr <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Julia! I'm glad I have you here to look over my shoulder!

RE: Overlapping issues

Posted by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com.INVALID>.