Posted to user@spark.apache.org by mrm <ma...@skimlinks.com> on 2015/03/20 11:21:52 UTC

Spark 1.2. loses often all executors

Hi,

I recently changed from Spark 1.1. to Spark 1.2., and I noticed that it
loses all executors whenever I have any Python code bug (like looking up a
key in a dictionary that does not exist). In earlier versions, it would
raise an exception but it would not lose all executors.

Anybody with a similar problem?

Re: Spark 1.2. loses often all executors

Posted by Davies Liu <da...@databricks.com>.
Maybe this is related to a bug in 1.2 [1], it's fixed in 1.2.2 (not
released), could checkout the 1.2 branch and verify that?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-5788

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Isn't that a feature? Other than running a buggy pipeline, just kills all
executors? You can always handle exceptions with proper try catch in your
code though.

Thanks
Best Regards

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
In this thread:
http://search-hadoop.com/m/JW1q5DM69G

I only saw two replies. Maybe some people forgot to use 'Reply to All' ?

Cheers