Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Raúl Fuenzalida <ae...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 03:13:00 UTC

Conctact Form

Hi. I would like to add a contact form into a template (the "About"
template). Is there a way to do it?, I mean, does velocity do that?
...to send the message to an email address... Am I dreaming?.
Well.. if not, I guess it has to be done it with java; then, is too
complicated to do it? my knowledge in Java is very poor.

raúl.

--
http://www.transitorio.cl/

Re: Conctact Form

Posted by david <da...@davidwbrown.name>.
Hello Raul, it appears your roller is running publicly? If so, I advise not to do anything in Java if your Java skills are as poor as you claim. You may want to try some of the following links to improve your skills. You will also need to study the J2EE spec some and get familiar with J2EE containers such as: JBOSS and Tomcat. I suggest you start with Tomcat as the config is somewhat easier. HTH, David.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/information/download.html

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/

javalobby.org

dzone.com