Posted to users@maven.apache.org by COUVREUR jacques <ex...@agf.fr> on 2006/03/29 13:41:19 UTC

[m2] maven2, CruiseControl 2.4.1 and bests practices

Hello,

We have been working with Maven and CruiseControl for several years.

We are testing m2 and CruiseControl 2.4.1. In the config.xml
(CruiseControl's configuration file) we are using the 'maven2' element
and its 'goal' attribute with the following value:
'clean scm:update | package site tomcat:undeploy tomcat:deploy'

As we are having problems with tomcat's plugin we often
modify/add/delete/etc... this goals sequence. However, the sources of
this project have a remote access as they are in a Subversion
repository, but the config.xml has no remote access. So a config.xml
modification needs time.
Moreover, I am not satisfied satisfy that the knowledge of how to build
a project is out of the project itself.

With maven 1, we would use an "integration-maven-goal" in the
CruiseControl's config.xml (re)defined as we want in the maven.xml of
the project.

What is the best practice for solving this problem in maven2?

Thanks a lot!

Jacques

Ce message est protege par les regles relatives au secret des correspondances ; il peut en outre contenir des informations a caractere confidentiel ou protegees par differentes regles et notamment le secret des affaires ; il est etabli a destination exclusive de son destinataire. Toute divulgation, utilisation, diffusion ou reproduction (totale ou partielle) de ce message, ou des informations qu'il contient, doit etre prealablement autorisee.
Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration et son integrite ne peut etre assuree. Les AGF declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete modifie ou falsifie.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire immediatement et d'avertir l'expediteur de l'erreur de distribution et de la destruction du message.
This message is protected by the secrecy of correspondence rules ; furthermore it may contain privileged or confidential information that is protected by law, notably by the secrecy of business relations rule ; it is intended solely for the attention of   the addressee . Any disclosure, use, dissemination or reproduction (either whole or  partial) of this message or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited without prior consent.
Any electronic message  is susceptible to alteration  and  its integrity can not be assured.  AGF declines any  responsibility for  this message in the event of  alteration  or falsification..
If you are not the intended  recipient, please destroy it immediately and  notify the sender of the wrong delivery and the mail deletion.