Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Richard Bair <rb...@dtint.com> on 2003/01/04 02:52:50 UTC

new configure method for DOMConfigurator

Ceki/Mark,

I added a really simple config method to DOMConfigurator.  It made my
life easier since I could now use an in memory string representation of
an xml file to initialize the log4j system (via a StringReader and the
InputSource).  I don't know how to go about contributing, or anything,
but here it is.

  /**
     A static version of {@link #doConfigure(InputSource,
     LoggerRepository)}.
  */
  static
  public
  void configure(InputSource xmlData) throws FactoryConfigurationError {
    new DOMConfigurator().doConfigure(xmlData,
LogManager.getLoggerRepository());
  }

Feel free.  BTW, let me know if this will be added.  If not, then I'll
add it to my proprietary code.

Thanks,
Richard