Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com> on 2017/11/14 02:21:54 UTC

sa-update issue follow-up

OK, so following up my last email, it appears all old updates were gone
too.  I have only 57 update files.  These are release artifacts and need
to be put back. Apologies if I said to move them but people are using
them it appears.  I think I found them in an archives dir and I created
a files_moved_back.txt and moved them back so mirrors will sync them
again.  I'm guessing someone was trying to clean things up.

That fixed errors like http://www.sa-update.pccc.com/1786640.tar.gz not
found.

Did the 1799552 update get removed but DNS left?

I grabbed them from my backups and restored them.  It looked like they
were from september and then modified this morning at 10AM or so.

Perhaps just an accident?

Regards,KAM

Re: sa-update issue follow-up

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 11/14/2017 7:57 AM, Dave Jones wrote:

> I see you moved all of the files from the archived subdir back into
> the main updates location so they would rsync out to all of the
> mirrors.  That's fine.  I have removed the archived subdir since it's
> no longer needed.

Thanks.  My apologies if I suggested it.  I think I did some months
ago.  It had lots of 404 consequences.

Re: sa-update issue follow-up

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.
On 11/13/2017 08:21 PM, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> OK, so following up my last email, it appears all old updates were
> gone too.  I have only 57 update files.  These are release artifacts
> and need to be put back. Apologies if I said to move them but people
> are using them it appears.  I think I found them in an archives dir
> and I created a files_moved_back.txt and moved them back so mirrors
> will sync them again.  I'm guessing someone was trying to clean things
> up.
>
> That fixed errors like http://www.sa-update.pccc.com/1786640.tar.gz
> not found.
>
> Did the 1799552 update get removed but DNS left?
>
> I grabbed them from my backups and restored them.  It looked like they
> were from september and then modified this morning at 10AM or so.
>
> Perhaps just an accident?
>
> Regards,KAM

I see you moved all of the files from the archived subdir back into the
main updates location so they would rsync out to all of the mirrors.
That's fine.  I have removed the archived subdir since it's no longer
needed.

Dave