Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Christoph Hilmes <Ch...@t-online.de> on 2004/08/13 11:14:51 UTC

Problem installing Axis

Hi,

i´m new to the webservice-technologie and i hope that my questions are
not too stupid and that this mailing list is the right place to ask
them.

I have downloaded and installed the Tomcat-Webserver 5.0, then i
installed the latest axis-project and put the webapps into the
tomcat-directory. When i open the happyaxis-page i get the following
message:

Error: could not find class javax.activation.DataHandler from file
activation.jar
Axis will not work
See http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/glasgow/jaf.html

I then downloaded the latest activation framework from the mentioned
page and installed it. I put the path of the file "activation.jar" into
my classpath-variable but i still get the above message.

What could have gone wrong?

Thanks for any help or hints
Christoph