Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Varad Meru <me...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/28 22:24:16 UTC

Eclipse Plugin removed from contrib folder, where to find it?

Hi All,

I just downloaded hadoop-1.0.3 from apache's download page, but to my surprise, could not find the eclipse plugin that normally comes with hadoop in the "contrib" folder. I could find the source foe building the hadoop eclipse plugin in the src/contrib/eclipse-plugin folder, but building it with ant too, did not fetch me any jar to work with.

I have plugins from 0.20.203 stage but it wont work in my opinion due to the new API support. Also plugin found at the location http://code.google.com/edu/parallel/tools/hadoopvm/hadoop-eclipse-plugin.jar supports very old version of Hadoop. How would a newbie get started with the eclipse plugin in 1.0.x era?

Please let me know if I am doing the steps right or missing something.

Thanks in Advance,
Varad