Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Kristian Mandrup <kr...@mandrup.dk> on 2004/11/27 15:46:42 UTC

[betwixt] DynaBean read problem

Back again,

Did some "deep" debugging in Eclipse...
Traced problem to BeanBindAction, where it seems the ReadContext context is
populated correctly, its objectStack being filled up with the appropriate
objects read from XML...

But for some reason the DynaBean instance is not populated with the context
elements, resulting in an empty DynaBean in the end.

Where should I look to find a possible answer to this problem?

Kristian

---

Re: [betwixt] DynaBean read problem

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi Kristian

i took a look at the dynabeans introspection code and found that it was
incomplete (not updaters). i've committed this functionality to CVS.
please update and retry.

it is (as yet) incomplete, lacking support for keyed dynabean entries.
i'm not sure when i'll get round to add this so if anyone fancies
taking this on, just shout...

BTW your code looks quite interesting. if you'd like to contribute it
to apache (together with unit tests and documentation, if possible),
i'd be glad to review it.

- robert