Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Mokwena Motseto <Mo...@sapo.co.za> on 2004/03/24 17:12:02 UTC

[users@httpd] website reporting

Hi

I am wondering if there is a tool out there somewhere which can assist me

I am hosting more than ten websites in our company, and we have two E1 lines
going to the ISP's, i want a tool that will give me a report on how many
visits i did get on each website in a day/week/month, which can give me real
time information whether i am getting visits or not

Mokwena Motseto

"This e-mail is sent in terms of the following policy/disclaimer. Click on
this link http://www.sapo.co.za/mail_disclaimer.htm to read full
disclaimer."

Re: [users@httpd] website reporting

Posted by Jeff White <jl...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Mokwena Motseto"

>  i want a tool that will give me a
> report on how many visits i did
> get on each website in a day/week/month,
> which can give me real time information
> whether i am getting visits or not

<quote>

Have you tried Log Parser?
With a simple SQL-like query you can obtain statistics.

Overview

Log Parser 2.0 is a powerful, versatile tool
that makes it possible to run SQL-like queries
against log files of almost any format and produce
the desired information either on the screen,
in a file of any desired format or into a
SQL database. Log Parser is available as a
command-line tool and as a set of scriptable
COM objects.

</quote>

Log Parser 2.0 Tool  (Windows 2000 and up)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/downloads/tools/logparser/default.asp

Log Parser 2.1 (Windows XP and up)
But some say it runs on Windows 2000
Also and is in the IIS 6.0 Resource Kit.

IIS 6.0 Resource Kit Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=56fc92ee-a71a-4c73-b628-ade629c89499&displaylang=en

LogParser is scriptable too!

Microsoft Script Center
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.asp

Log Parser 2.0
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/logs/logparser/default.asp

Top20URIs.sql
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/logs/logparser/queries/lgparq01.asp

Usage/Scripting examples:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/logs/logparser/queries/lgparq01.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/logs/logparser/template/lgpart01.asp

An ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
Windows 2000 Scripting Guide
Microsoft Windows 2000 Scripting Guide
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scrguide/sagsas_overview.asp

System Administration Scripting Guide - samples scripts
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=38942

Windows Script Host 5.6 documentation download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=01592C48-207D-4BE1-8A76-1C4099D7BBB9&displaylang=en

Jeff

Re: [users@httpd] website reporting

Posted by Zoltan HERPAI <wi...@2p.hu>.
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Mokwena Motseto wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am wondering if there is a tool out there somewhere which can assist me
>
> I am hosting more than ten websites in our company, and we have two E1 lines
> going to the ISP's, i want a tool that will give me a report on how many
> visits i did get on each website in a day/week/month, which can give me real
> time information whether i am getting visits or not
hi,

you should try webalizer modlogan (http://jan.kneschke.de), both are
creating useful and nice graphs from a CLF-type log.

-w-

Re: [users@httpd] website reporting

Posted by Adam Buglass <ad...@ncl.ac.uk>.
I use Analog, which is one of the most popular webalizers on the net.
Webalizer is supposed to be agood option too though.

Do a google search for "Analog" if you're interested. I keep it regular
by running it out of a shell script every hour.