Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Roger Erens <ro...@erens-krekels.net> on 2003/08/07 16:44:21 UTC

Re: win98 problem: another process has locked a portion of the file

Michael, C. Michael,
Thanks for explaining my problem.
However, from
http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/build_win/notes.html
I understand (ignorant as I am) that a standalone database (i.e. for a
single user) could be possible.
But I may be fooled and not realizing the amount of work it takes to do
such a thing.
I'd better migrate to linux...

Best regards,
Roger
At 09:52 4-8-03, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
>Michael Wood <mw...@its.uct.ac.za> writes:
>
> > AFAIK Berkeley DB does not work on Win9x.  Also, if F: corresponds to a
> > network filesystem that could cause problems too, since Berkeley DB is
> > known not to work on certain network filesystems.
>
>Correct on both points.

There is only one thing in the world worse than writing Python code, and
that is
not writing Python code.
[Free after: the Oscar Wilde sketch
http://www.montypython.net/scripts/oscar.php ]

Re: win98 problem: another process has locked a portion of the file

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Roger Erens <ro...@erens-krekels.net> writes:

> Michael, C. Michael,
> Thanks for explaining my problem.
> However, from
> http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/build_win/notes.html
> I understand (ignorant as I am) that a standalone database (i.e. for a
> single user) could be possible.

Possibly.  But I'm betting it's non-trivial.  Consider (at least)
Windows 2000? :-)