Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org> on 2002/10/10 03:02:16 UTC

[vote] Steven Noels and Bertrand Delacretaz as committers

A recent discussion about a so-called "documentation team" prompted an
offline discussion among some of us about the need for more
"documentation-oriented" committers. As more and more users are getting
involved with Cocoon documentation development via the lists, wiki, and
even patches, it is critical to have receptive committers who can
translate this effort into improved cvs docs.

David Crossley and I would like to nominate two individuals who have
repeatedly demonstrated their ongoing commitment to the Cocoon
community, its documentation, and its code in the form of patches,
participation, and leadership. They need no introduction but, for the
record, they are:

Steven Noels: indefatigable committer of the Forrest documentation
project, generous host/facilitator/supporter of CocoonWiki and other
valuable community resources at outerthought.net, strong advocate for a
first-rate, Cocoon-based documentation system and associated best
practices, and Cocoon community member for just over two years.

Bertrand Delacretaz, founder and project leader of the jfor project (now
distributed with Cocoon), committer to FOP project, Cocoon patch
contributor, one of the earliest authors of docs for cocoon cvs and
third party sites (www.cocooncenter.de), prolific CocoonWiki
contributor, and Cocoon community member for just over one year.

Thank you for your consideration.

Diana Shannon
David Crossley

Re: [vote] Steven Noels and Bertrand Delacretaz as committers

Posted by Ivelin Ivanov <iv...@apache.org>.

+1 for both.

Documentation Cocoon needs.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Big +1 for both Bertrand and Steven. I wonder why
it took us so long to invite them and who else we
missed. We will go looking for more soon.
--David

Re: [vote] Steven Noels and Bertrand Delacretaz as committers

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 09.Oct.2002 -- 09:02 PM, Diana Shannon wrote:
> Steven Noels: indefatigable committer of the Forrest documentation

> Bertrand Delacretaz, founder and project leader of the jfor project (now

Late, but nevertheless: +1 for both.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: [vote] Steven Noels and Bertrand Delacretaz as committers

Posted by Marcus Crafter <cr...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>.
Hi All,

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 09:02:16PM -0400, Diana Shannon wrote:

> David Crossley and I would like to nominate two individuals who have...

	+1

> Steven Noels: indefatigable committer of the Forrest documentation...

	+1

	Welcome guys! :)

	Cheers,

	Marcus
     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   ManageSoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
       '     /( &&&
           \_&&&&'
          &&&&.
    &&&&&&&:

RE: [vote] Steven Noels and Bertrand Delacretaz as committers

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
+1 for both of course!

Carsten

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
A warm +1 for both !

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

Re: [vote] Steven Noels and Bertrand Delacretaz as committers

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>

Re: [vote] Steven Noels and Bertrand Delacretaz as committers

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Diana Shannon wrote:
>
>> David Crossley and I would like to nominate two individuals who have
>> repeatedly demonstrated their ongoing commitment to the Cocoon
>> community, its documentation, and its code in the form of patches,
>> participation, and leadership.

>> Steven Noels
>

> +1

+1

>> Bertrand Delacretaz
>

> +1

+1

Vadim

Re: [vote] Steven Noels and Bertrand Delacretaz as committers

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Diana Shannon wrote:

> David Crossley and I would like to nominate two individuals who have
> repeatedly demonstrated their ongoing commitment to the Cocoon
> community, its documentation, and its code in the form of patches,
> participation, and leadership.

> Steven Noels

+1

> Bertrand Delacretaz

+1

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [vote] Steven Noels and Bertrand Delacretaz as committers

Posted by Ovidiu Predescu <ov...@apache.org>.
+1 for each.

My congrats for attracting them in the team.

Ovidiu

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com>.

>Steven Noels: indefatigable committer of the Forrest documentation
>project, generous host/facilitator/supporter of CocoonWiki and other
>valuable community resources at outerthought.net, strong advocate for a
>first-rate, Cocoon-based documentation system and associated best
>practices, and Cocoon community member for just over two years.

Having met him in person : +1 from a non committer

>Bertrand Delacretaz, founder and project leader of the jfor project (now
>distributed with Cocoon), committer to FOP project, Cocoon patch
>contributor, one of the earliest authors of docs for cocoon cvs and third
>party sites (www.cocooncenter.de), prolific CocoonWiki contributor, and
>Cocoon community member for just over one year.

+1 too of course

Bert