Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/05 18:39:09 UTC

Snappy Compression

Hi folks, I am about to create a new JIRA ticket to add Snappy compression
codec.  I would like to contribute this myself if that is ok.

I will modify CompressionUtils, CompressionCodec and CompressionUtilsTests
and upload a patch to that ticket once I am done.

There is a good chance I can get to this before Monday but not sure yet and
I expect this being my first toe dip changing the code to take a bit more
time than I expect.

I will be at Hadoop World NYC this week if anyone is around and wants to
put names to faces, let me know.  Cheers!

/*
Joe Stein
http://www.linkedin.com/in/charmalloc
*/

Re: Snappy Compression

Posted by Joe Stein <cr...@gmail.com>.
Neha, JIRA created, I don't have access to assign the ticket to myself but
if someone else does and wants to-do so please go ahead.

I will try the performance tests patched in KAFKA-176 once I am done and
post the results.

Looking forward to getting my feet wet with this ticket so I can be most
fruitful while helping with replication the week after next.

Cheers!

/*

Re: Snappy Compression

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi Joe,

Re: Snappy Compression

Posted by JG Homan <jg...@gmail.com>.
I'm here, wearing a linkedin shirt today and an Apache Kafka shirt tomorrow.  Come up and say hi!

Re: Snappy Compression

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.