Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Hubert Yoshizaki <yo...@datadesign.com> on 2002/05/09 18:41:32 UTC

Applet deployment problem

Hi, just starting out with SOAP so here's the situation.
On a Win2K machine trying to run an SOAP applet client that talks to a SOAP
server on linux.
I am having problems with the client.
My CLASSPATH is empty.
I get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage
when running with appletviewer. Which means I can't find the soap.jar. Fine.
in the html file I add the line
archive = "soap.jar"
now I get a
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Node
which means I can't find the right xml parser?
I downloaded both Xerces 1.4.4 and 2.0.1
If I use the 1.4.4 (xerces.jar) and add that to the archive line by doing a
archive = "soap.jar", "xerces.jar"
I still get the java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/Node error.
if I rearrange the archive line to read archive = "xerces.jar", "soap.jar"
I get the following error
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/soap/rpc/RPCMessage
Any idea how to fix this problem?
By the way, the soap.jar is for apache soap 2.2
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hubert
btw, i realize that I would probably also need to add mail.jar and
activation.jar but I'm not sure in which order I need to do this in.
Also, is there a way to 'not' use that archive line? The jar files are
fairly large for use with an applet.

RE: Applet deployment problem

Posted by Mark Childerson <ma...@childersoft.com>.
This is a problem I found with Xerces 1.4.1 We fixed it by modifying the
source and recompiling, but if you use Xerces 1.4.4 the problem should
disappear.

Mark

Posted by Mark Childerson <ma...@childersoft.com>.

Posted by Hubert Yoshizaki <yo...@datadesign.com>.
Hi,
I have thought about doing such and it's starting to look like this is the
only way to go but for obvious reasons I was trying to avoid such an
action. Oh well. If this works then it works so that's what I'll do :)
Thanks!
Hubert

Posted by Hubert Yoshizaki <yo...@datadesign.com>.
Hi,

[...]