Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Frankson <df...@qwest.net> on 2001/11/16 03:42:41 UTC

Tomcat under a high load

    I am experiencing problems with Tomcat under a heavy load, and I'm hoping someone has dealt with this before.

I am using Tomcat 4.0 on a server with heavy traffic.  Randomly under these conditions users get a "Page can not be displayed" error, yet the server's 4 cpus are not completely maxed out and the Tomcat/Java VM still has available memory.  The logs don't display any problem.  Anyone seen this before?  It is not an easily reproducible condition.

Dave

Re: Tomcat under a high load

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.
> I am using Tomcat 4.0 on a server with heavy traffic.  Randomly under
these
> conditions users get a "Page can not be displayed" error, yet the server's
> 4 cpus are not completely maxed out and the Tomcat/Java VM still has
available
> memory.  The logs don't display any problem.  Anyone seen this before?
> It is not an easily reproducible condition.

If the situation doesn't degrade over time, then it's just that you should
raise the number of processors the HTTP connector is allowed to use.

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>

Change "maxProcessors" and give it a higher value.

Remy